Ways to Give


Gifts of cash by check or by credit card are the most common ways to give and are immediately available for use by the Hammond-Harwood House. These gifts may be unrestricted or designated to special projects.  Please click here to make a tax-deductible contribution online through our secure online server.


Appreciated stocks or bonds can be donated to the Hammond-Harwood House and may be deducted for income tax purposes at full fair market value on the date of the transfer, with no significant capital gain tax liability.

Real Estate

Gifts of real estate usually allow the avoidance of the capital gains tax and provide a charitable deduction. Lifetime occupancy of a donated residence may be retained through a trust.

Personal Property

Art, antiques, jewelry and other valuables are a few examples of gifts of personal property.

Matching Gifts

Many companies will match donations to the Hammond-Harwood House by their employees. Donors are urged to check with the human resources department at their place of employment to see if their company matches charitable contributions.


Consider a perpetual gift to the Hammond-Harwood House. A bequest—a gift made through your will and delivered after your death—is an ideal way to protect your family's future, retain flexibility, support our mission and gain tax advantages. By including the Hammond-Harwood House in your will you, the donor, can be a part of the education of future generations. You can bequeath a percentage of your estate, a fixed dollar amount or a specific personal property to the Hammond-Harwood House.

Life Insurance

You may have a paid up life insurance policy that you purchased to fill a need that may no longer exist. This policy may be given to the Hammond-Harwood House with tax benefits for the donor. The donor may buy a new policy and name the Hammond-Harwood House as the beneficiary.

Deferred Gifts

Your tax advisor(s) can discuss various trusts and other forms of deferred contributions that may benefit the Hammond-Harwood House and provide lifetime income for you or a loved one. Please consult with your lawyer or financial advisor for specific tax benefits applicable to your personal situation.